Hanging revs AFTER car is fully warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 10:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Hanging revs AFTER car is fully warmed up

Hello guys my name is Jay, as most can tell I'm a new member here at AF. Although I have been lurking around here for MANY MANY years I have decided to officially be part of the this awesome group of people. I know many, if not all of the terms members use here and before anyone yells at me. I tried looking for a solution for my problem for about 3 months now. To my luck...I didn't find any one with the problem I'm having not a solution....So let's get to it.
I own a Audi TT 2001 engine code AMU
No mods on it (yet)
I have done maintanance work on it
Spark plugs,coils, new cold air intake, new pcv (under intake manifold)
Valve cover gasket
Cam seal gasket
And lastly bought a brand new TB and cleaned the MAF and that's when problem started.
Right after I got the new TB and cleaned the MAF My Audi idles at around 1500-1600 rpm stationary. When the car fully warms up and I'm shifting ( I usually shift around 27-28 rpm) when I lift my foot the gas and step on the clutch where ever the RPMs are they usually hang there for about 1-2 full seconds and then drop. Also sometimes when I'm at a red light the RPMs go up and down between 1000 rpm to 1600 rpm. I have seen people on this forum talk about hanging revs and how usually getting a new clutch switch will solve that problem. Now I'm going to be getting a new clutch switch tomorrow ( and replacing that of course) and I also ordered my Ross tech licensed software which should be here pretty fast considering I reside two hours from where they are, once I get the cable I'll be doing a TBA to see if that would solve the problem. But like I said before my Audi only does that AFTER the car warms up. If anyone can help me with this please don't hesitate to shot me a suggestion.
Thank you all in advance!
-JayJay

Old 04-30-2016, 05:05 PM
4th Gear

TBA has probably fixed it.