Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Dirty alcantara

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Dirty alcantara

hey guys i recently purchased my s4 b5 and it has a black leather interior with tan alcantara inserts. The tan inserts are a lil dirty on the front seats and a lil worse on the backs seats, what should i clean the alcantara with????? and how delicate is this material?

Old 05-22-2007, 01:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Dirty alcantara

Alcantara® (Ultra suede Escaine):
Alcantara® is not leather it is a 100% Polyester man-made (fabric) suede substitute, which should be cleaned by brushing the nap with a soft nylon upholstery brush, remove pilling with a single-sided razor blade and then applying a cleaning solution (Water /Woolite® or Dreft® with a ratio of 5:1 or stronger) on to an applicator pad and apply to one area at a time (do not over-wet the fabric) and do not use steam, solvent or spirit based cleaners (particularly perchloroethyene and trichlorethylene). Localized stains can be treated with a citrus-based cleaner (PS21 Total Auto Wash, see also alternative products) ensure surface is dry before use by leaving window cracked/open. For heavy stain removal- A 1:1 solution distilled water / Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover use on an inconspicuous area first- http://www.folexcompany.com/
[/b]
Identifying characteristics-[/i][/b] very soft to the touch will scratch or scuff very easily; water drops will darken the leather but it returns to its original colour after drying.

Maintenance-[/i][/b] Use a soft brush lightly to remove dust and raise the fabrics nap, once your seats / steering wheel / interior is clean, you should use a conditioning/protection product (303â„¢ High Tech Fabric Guard, which includes UVR protection)

Alternative products-[/i][/b] Leather World Cleaner will clean most stains and soiling from sensitive leathers. It is a water based product that penetrates into the surface to clean without harming your leather - http://www.leatherworldtech.com/

Leather World Protectant - designed especially for sensitive leathers. This product will provide oil, water and alcohol protection, as it forms a barrier to improve stain resistance and clean ability
Direction -s[/i]pray a fine mist over the surface least 12 inches from the leather Several light coats are more effective than one heavy coat. To return the texture, rub surface with a dry sponge or micro fibre towel after the leather has dried. http://www.leatherworldtech.com/