Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

First post, big problem. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
1st Gear
Default First post, big problem. Please help.

This is my first post, but I have been reading a lot of threads on here since I have aquired my A6 about two weeks ago. I am an active poster on Honda and Sport Biike forums, but don't hold that against me. So I guess I should throw in an introduction. My name is Bryan and I am going to be a soph. in college, and I have always been a fan of euro cars, since the majority of my friends have always owned them. I'm new to the workings of Audi's and V-dubs but I can get my way around. Ok well onto my problem.
I was removing my pinstriping this morning before I went to work and I got the right side done just fine, and moved onto the left. I got about an inch of the striping up (Starting in the rear quarter pannel) and found another set of pinstriping underneath. The first set of pinstripes are hidden behind a layer of clear coat. I have no idea what to do now that I have two sets of pinstripes on one side and none on the other. Any tips? Or am I totally screwed?

Thanks

Old 06-25-2007, 06:48 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: First post, big problem. Please help.

If it's under the paint, you can't remove it with out messing up the paint. So, either live with it. Or rip it out, then get that side resprayed with clear coat.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:03 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: First post, big problem. Please help.

Yah I figured I was fucked. Alright, thanks