Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Help Clean my Dirty Used Smoked In Audi

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Help Clean my Dirty Used Smoked In Audi

Hey! I just bought an Audi a6 - '02 at auction yesterday and the interior really needs help, it's dirty and smells like smoke.

1- The seats/doors are upholstered in white leather (er could be white, I hope at least).

What do I need to buy to get my audi clean & the leather nice, soft and white again?

My dad recommended I use Connolly Hide Food. er not called food anymore, is this good, anything better? Thanks!!!

Clothes - solutions - brushes, etc. all suggestions are appreciated! I could be lazy? and bring it to a detailing company, but I don't know, I should clean it myself.

2- The carpet & mats are heavily soiled too - what is the best way and best products to use to clean the carpet?

3- What's the best way to clean the dash/controls etc?

I bought some neutralizer spray and odor absorb product and it's been working, but I know I'll need to clean the vents, ducts etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a6veritas; 10-21-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:45 PM
1st Gear

I'm not an expert but I can tell you what I've done. For really dirty carpet I've used scotch guard foaming cleaner, brushed it in and then remove it with a carpet cleaning machine with just hot water.

For leather I've used lexol leather cleaner and conditioner to great effect but after seeing this thread: https://www.audiforums.com/forum/det...ctures-155633/ , I think I'm going to give the Meguirs stuff a try.

For everything else in the car I just wipe it down with a damp microfiber towel and then apply 303 Aerospace protectant. I found most interior cleaners are too harsh and tend to lift some color as you use them. The 303 leaves a nice matte finish that isn't all glossy and oily.

I'm not sure about the smoke smell, febreze comes to mind but I all depends exactly what is holding the smell.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:44 AM
1st Gear
Default For the SMELL situation

After you have done everything else first and the only thing left is the odor,
take a ride to your local tool rental outlet and rent a OZONE Generator.

Run the device for no longer than ONE HOUR, any longer and it will start to degrade the plastic components (wiring, etc., etc..).

Give the interior some time to air out and an air freshener.

enjoy.