Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Looking for some tips on car care.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 AM
1st Gear
Default Looking for some tips on car care.

I have a 2007 A6 3.2 quattro, and I'm wanting to give it a good cleaning. But I'm not sure what to use...

What are the seats made of? Are they real leather? If not, what are they and what type of cleaner should I use with them?

Also, I was going to use armorall, but my buddy told me that it was garbage. I never did like the shine it would leave on everything, but thought that was just how you protected things. He told me about some that wouldn't leave a shine, and would do a better job. However, I don't remember what he recommeneded.

So any tips would be great! What do you guys use? I am open to ideas for inside and out of the car. Wax, leather cleaner/protect, dash and other plastic/rubber cleaner.

Thanks for all your help in advance. Sorry if anything I wrote is hard to read, its just because I haven't slept for over 24hr.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:11 AM
1st Gear

The leather seats are real leather. The Alcantara are of course microfiber.

For leather I use Griot's Garage or LeatherMaster leather cleaner/condiitoner.

Armorall is garbage. Rather recommend you use 303 Aerospace protectant (protects dash, etc., with nice matte finish).

Many good sealants/waxes out there. I like Griot's sealant and/or Meguiars NXTech 2.0 wax.