Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Question about caring for the leather in my A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 11:01 AM
1st Gear
Question Question about caring for the leather in my A4

I'm a brand new member here guys. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I purchased a lovely CPO 2010 audi A4. It has a cream colored leather. Very nice. I want to keep it very nice looking. I went to the local auto car shop, and a product called " blue magic leather cream conditioner" was recommended to protect leather. Any thoughts? By the way the directions call for first cleaning the leather with their blue magic leather cleaner before applying the conditioner. Is this necessary? The directions also say to apply this stuff with a " clean cloth"... What type of cloth is best? A cotton t- shirt maybe? Any other ways you recommend caring/ cleaning for the leather instead of this?

Separate cleaning question.. I've noticed that the inside trim ( which I guess is plastic?) around the seatbelt holder and between the doors etc has some dirtiness. Do I just clean this with water and a sponge? What about the dash too? Armor all wipes? What about steering wheel, as I think this may be leather?

One more question... I have the sport package with the 18 inch wheels. They got so dirty in like a week already! Do you just let the car wash take care of this, or clean yourself? What should I use? And particular brush and or cleaner? Tires?

I know I wrote a lot here, and it looks like I never owned a car before lol so sorry..I just excited about the car and want to keep it looking good. Thanks again!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:48 AM
1st Gear

Congrats on your new acquisition.

Search the site and you can find answers/suggestions for detailing products.

Here's one thread on cleaning products:
https://www.audiforums.com/forum/det...oducts-185852/

The Leather masters brand is highly regarded for cleaning an protecting the treated leather in our cars.