Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

Wax problem with black a4?????

Old 12-17-2005, 03:48 AM
2nd Gear
Default Wax problem with black a4?????

i just bought my car in 1/20/2005 eversince then i tried waxing my car about 6 times. everytime i waxed the car i still had that creamy spots on the car which looked bad. when i got them off then you could see the swirls. my question is that it shows everything on my black a4. i wanted a nice shy wax that would stay for a long time but cant because it leaves marks on the car that stays for about a month. only thing that didnt leave a stain was a liqued detailing spray which lasted for a week not good as wax. anyone have suggestions? comments

Old 12-19-2005, 11:55 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Wax problem with black a4?????

Do you take your car to a car wash?

If so...that is a major source of swirls. ALso, what type of wax did you use, what was yor application process??

Black cars are simple.....it takes a great deal of effort to keep them showroom. Very few people do it.

Old 12-19-2005, 04:46 PM
2nd Gear

i used turle wax the cream kind and the spary both did the same thing if you could help me out with this i would be happy thanx alot man.

Old 12-19-2005, 07:11 PM
1st Gear

Ill help....its simple.

www.meguiars.com

1. Buy a RANDOM orbital buffter
2. Go to Meguiars website and read the process.
3. Apply Meguiars cleaner wax
4. Apply Meguiars Gold Class Carnuba Wax
5. Apply Meguiars Polish

Before all of this read up on how to operate the buffer, it isnt just a "slap on the wax and start to buff operation"...... The website does a great job of explaining it. ALso, before you start to wax/polish/clean, start off by washing the car with dish soap. ALthough TERRIBLE to use on a regular basis, since you will be waxing right after you wash it wont be a big deal, the dish soap will lift off any remaing wax residue that you may have involuntarily left on the car's surface. Subsequent washes you will use Meguiars NXT wash, or another high end car wash formula.

Read the website in the "HOW TO" section....and let me know what you think. My 2004 black Audi looks incredible. NO SCRATCHES, and NO SWIRLS. The orbital buffer and the Meguiars products are great.

Fellow detailers, please feel free to add your input.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 AM
2nd Gear

thax alot bro...

Old 07-10-2006, 09:03 PM
2nd Gear

To further address the issue of why the wax was not covering the swirls.

Wax will not generally hide swirls. It may have a few fillers (to hide blemishes) but usually not.

Glazes as a general rule have a lot of fillers and tend to hide a lot of imperfections. The down side is a very short life time even when waxed. 2-3 weeks.

Sealants also generallyd o not have a huge amoutn of fillers to hide the imperfections. Some people report that some sealants will tend to highlight imperfections.

Old 11-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Administrator
Default Best wax I've ever used...

...is S100 wax, available at Harley-Davidson dealerships for around $10/can. I've tried a lot of different waxes and polishes over the years (all the Meguiar's stuff, Mother's, Zymol, Zaino, etc), and I've never seen a finish like S100 can give. It's basically the same wax as the company's other product, P21S, which is listed for cars. Either one is fine for car paints, and the finish it gives is amazing. I used this on my black 300ZX and it gave a finish good enough that I could've used the door as a shaving mirror.

Best process that I used for it was to clay bar the car (wash and dry thoroughly of course), then use the S100 paint cleanser (also at H-D shop), followed up with a high quality polish and a couple coats of S100 wax, applied with a microfiber towel and buffed off with an orbital buffer using a new bonnet. Absolutely amazing results - it's incredible what an afternoon's work with the right products can achieve. If you have hairline clearcoat scratches or it's been awhile, hit it with a high-speed buffer in there as well. I'll try to dig up some pics and post them.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Have you tried Zaino Bro's products?