Detailing How do you keep your ride looking like new? Discuss it in here.

what are the best car care products?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 04:23 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jhuffman
autoglym is good stuff
yes you are right, i used autoglym for my cars

Old 09-14-2013, 02:04 AM
1st Gear

Always be sure to clean your car using car care products in an environment that is safe for you and the people around you, which means having plenty of water around it, and making sure you are in a well ventilated area. This could either be in a garage or out in an open space like in a parking lot.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Well gang, my detailing regime has changed. I'm now doing all of my own detailing and I've also changed some products as well. For shampoo I'm using either Dodo Juice Sour Power or Adam's Car Shampoo. For very light duty machine polishing, I'm using Pinnacle XMT #1, for medium polishing I'm using either Adams Swirl and Haze Remover (discontinued now, but I have a lot left) or Sonax Perfect Finish 4/6. For heavy compounding, I'm using Menzerna FG 400. Glaze is Pinnacle XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze. Wax is one of three, either P21S Carnauba Paste, Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Souveran, or Wolfgang Fuzion. I'm using Adam's Waterless Wash and Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash in between regular washes. My detail spray of choice is Adam's Detail Spray or Pinnacle Natural Brilliance Crystal Mist. As the actual polishes go, I'm tending to like the Sonax over anything else since it 1)works supremely well 2) has a good working time with the polisher, and 3) generates next to no dust so cleanup is a breeze.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:00 PM
1st Gear

I just nabbed a 2012 A6 3.0Q and I had no idea these products even existed. Im glad I did some research. I want my cars paint to be flawless. Im used to using the Meguiars product line but I guess I need to step it up on my Audi.

Zaino sounds good as well as the autoglym.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:11 PM
1st Gear

What about good products for the interior? I have a black interior with brushed aluminum inlays, leather seats and a screen. Just trying to get good products for each surface and any other advice anyone may have.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Aceburner
What about good products for the interior? I have a black interior with brushed aluminum inlays, leather seats and a screen. Just trying to get good products for each surface and any other advice anyone may have.
Zaino, Adam's, Leatherique, or Sonax will be the best products to use on leather. For vinyl dash surfaces, I really like the Sonax Dashboard Cleaner, for upholstery I like the Sonax Upholstery Cleaner or the Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. My go to glass cleaners are Stoner Invisible Glass or Wurth Glass Cleaner.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:48 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mwink822
Zaino, Adam's, Leatherique, or Sonax will be the best products to use on leather. For vinyl dash surfaces, I really like the Sonax Dashboard Cleaner, for upholstery I like the Sonax Upholstery Cleaner or the Adam's Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner. My go to glass cleaners are Stoner Invisible Glass or Wurth Glass Cleaner.
Sweet thx, I will look into all of those.