DIY - Do It Yourself Within you will find how-to's on many aspects of modding and caring for your ride as told by your fellow members.

How to hook up a MBC

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: How to hook up a MBC

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

If you just run a bleed/gated mbc you can just eliminate the n75 altogether and have total control with no spiking and smooth boost transition. If you also what to run the n75, you can just insert it in after the n75 and eliminate all the cluster fu(k that the overboost method creates.
Agreeeeeeeeee
+1 for using a bleeder/gated mbc with k03/k04 and eliminating the n75. Works super duper for me.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:29 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

That is the "over boost" install. That is only really needed when you buy a ball and spring mbc and try to use it on a stock/k04 turbo, not a very good idea. If you just run a bleed/gated mbc you can just eliminate the n75 altogether and have total control with no spiking and smooth boost transition. If you also what to run the n75, you can just insert it in after the n75 and eliminate all the cluster fu(k that the overboost method creates.
So what you are saying is that you can get rid of the N75, burn it and just run it like the original diagram (first post)?

Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Zombie Defense Force

no you still need to leave it plug in electronically but you dont need any vac lines going to it.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:47 AM
3rd Gear

what about leaving the N75 plugged into the turbo inlet? I had done the original method but it kept sending me limp. I saw that the boost was much smoother and came on sooner but limp mode sucks! I reverted back to N75 race last night but I want to figure out why it was doing this....

let me try to explain how i had it set up...

The N75 was plugged in electronically and still in the turbo inlet.

the T that came with the MBC had the line coming from the left side of the engine bay going with the direction of the arrow. then the arrow pointed to the line going to the wastegate. the third spot on the T had a line going to the MBC (the port with the arrow)

I left the other port on the MBC open to bleed off.

I went to limp mode and would have to reset my ecu by unplugging the battery for twenty minutes. I dont know why but my car doesnt come out of limp after being turned off then back on. I did this three or four times each time i turned the MBC down thinking i was overboosting but my psi never went above 15 the last few times and it still sent me. Did I have it installed wrong or is my car just sensitive wen it comes to this stuff?

I had a similiar problem before I got the race valve. my stock N75 was doing the same thing until I got the race valve.

let me know all of your thoughts.

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: smokeU

i turned the MBC down thinking i was overboosting but my psi never went above 15 the last few times and it still sent me. Did I have it installed wrong or is my car just sensitive wen it comes to this stuff?
if you have a chip you should be boosting over 15psi and not below. if you go below requested you mess up the ecu and get a cel among other things.

and yes, you have it installed correctly

Old 07-12-2007, 11:12 AM
3rd Gear

ok so my next question is:

howopen should the valve beto get the proper amount ofboost?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm make believe

doesnt matter (it will change from car to car), start with it closed all the way and then open it a couple clicks at a time untill you have what you are looking for.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:42 AM
2nd Gear

just so i have the right boost gauge in mind i have this one from forge http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...oduct=FMICB051
so what kind is this one and what is the best way to run it?

Old 07-13-2007, 11:35 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

can i put 1 ov them on my 12v 2.8 and boost 20psi at idle?! will it maek my BOV more blowy????

J/K Looks like a fun little mod! I want to try it!

Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: kraylon

just so i have the right boost gauge in mind i have this one from forge http://www.forgemotorsport.com/conte...oduct=FMICB051
so what kind is this one and what is the best way to run it?
That one sucks, return it. It is meant to sit where the n75 is and has been know to limit boost to ~17psi. So if you wish to run it inline with your n75, its going to be a far worse mess than the ones pictured above.

Quick Reply: How to hook up a MBC