A6 C5 2002 2l petrol - AudiForums.com

Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Old 01-11-2018, 06:16 PM
1st Gear

Default A6 C5 2002 2l petrol

Hi just looking for some guidance on fixing a few problems with my a6.
It is 2002 a6 c5 2l Petrol. First problem is the battery dies if left alone for an hour or 2, no electrics left on at all, have tried disconnecting several things and still battery dies. Second problem is EPC Light, it came on as I was driving out of my yard, car was a bit chuggy as I accelerated but then drove fine for maybe 3 miles and then cut out on motorway doing approx 120km/h , just died as if it was alternator, no power steering no , no brakes , as I was slowing down I was trying to jump it through the gears, 4th, 3rd, 2nd gear and nothing was happening.?? When I pulled in I disconnected battery, and connected it again. Turned ignition on and had power, battery was @ 12v on dash, when I tried to start it , it was turning over but would not fire.
Towed it back to my yard and battery was dead, boosted battery then with booster pack and car started and drove 100% ?? Ha puzzles me to what is going on, it is not alternator as I have got a brand new one 4 weeks ago.. also sometimes if I leave it ticking over for 10, 15 mins it just cuts out?? I have brain freeze thinking of what could be wrong , anyone out there have any experience with this? A bit of help would be much appreciated..