Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

abs and esp light come on when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 07:19 PM
1st Gear
Default abs and esp light come on when accelerating

Hi guys..I am at wits-end(not sure how it's spelled) so I have an 01 c5 2.7t Quattro 5sp.auto with 261000 miles...every since I replaced the turbos..it have been quite the same..first..I was getting a code saying the maximum boost wad being exceeded intermittently..the computer would cut the power at just alive 3k rpm...before that when I put my foot down it would really really pull hard until that rpm..it then cuts back as if I took my foot off and then steadily accelerates but not as hard....still have that issue...now...when I accelerate lightly..let's say I'm 5th great doing 60 and I wanna do 70..wether or not it changes down a gear...the abs and esp light come and stay on until I take off my foot a bit it the speed stops riding depending on how far down the gas pedal is...now..when I press hard enough like when merging on a highway...it changes down pulls well until 3k rpm...slows a bit like I said before...then esp and abs lights come on and boom..the car pulls again well, really well...until I lift my foot..then lights go out...scary thing whensit's icy...and the Tranny...when on cruise control...going uphill it tries to maintain speed of course...lights come on with or without change down...I get jerking..then a stall..and epc light comes on...scary..I have to engage neutral..shut off engine..restart and engage drive..I know my tranny is a bit low on fluid cause after a cold start..I head the pump sucking in air..and until a couple of miles when it's warm..I can sometimes hear the pump under acceleration...when up shifting specially..when it's warm it doesn't make the sound I hear when it's cold...please help..spark plugs were put in at 17500 miles..it's at 261000...what could be the issue..I posted a video on YouTube..user name is maouloud19..check it out