Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Aftermarket Bluetooth Woes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 12:21 PM
1st Gear
Default Aftermarket Bluetooth Woes...

Been searching for days now and can't find anything to help me on this...

I recently installed the Parrot MKI9000 in my 20003 A4 with the Symphony II unit. Got it working (thanks to the audiworld write up http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec134.shtml) with a couple of problems.

1 - Its a dual microphone set up and I placed them up near the dome light similar to how its shown in the aforementioned audiworld write up. People on the other end of the line could not hear me well at all. So I put the mic back in the original enclosure and left it on the dashboard, and people said I sounded fine. I then tried to put the whole enclosure back in the dome light assembly and my voice quality, once again, went down.

I'd prefer to not have the microphone sticking out anywhere, but would rather have an oem look to the set up. Anybody have any thoughts/experience with this issue (even in other cars). I can't believe that what I'm trying to achieve isn't possible, just need some help on this.

2 - There is an iPod connection with this particular unit and it works fine and all, except that the sound only comes through the front speakers. From what I've read, this is because of how the bluetooth unit is connected to the ISO connections in the back of the unit. There is the option to connect the bluetooth module to the unit via a line-in set up, which would route the sound through the stereo amplifier and all speakers (plus this would allow me to adjust the volume via the stereo controls). However, I cannot figure out how to do this on the Symphony II head unit. Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance!