Audi A3 The Audi A3 offers cutting edge engineering, performance, and luxury in one affordable package.

Bluetooth, Aftermarket

Old 09-26-2006, 02:25 AM
Default Bluetooth, Aftermarket

I was looking at my steering wheel the other day and noticed buttons that corresponded to bluetooth functions stated in my Owners' Manual. My question is: is it possible to swing by the dealer and have them install the software to make bluetooth work? Or do I have bluetooth already and I have not set it up? Has anyone tried to install bluetooth aftermarket?

Thanks for the help,
Danny

Old 09-26-2006, 04:16 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth, Aftermarket

You will need the module, wiring, and microphone. Dealer will not do it for you. There are aftermarket options but if your skilled, you can retrofit the OEM ones

Old 10-03-2006, 05:19 AM
1st Gear

Is there a DIY for installing the OE bluetooth/telephone system for already prepared stearing wheels? I am in the same boat as A3Night, when I press on the buttons for the phone or on my NAV system, it states its not installed or No Function. Has anyone added the OE bluetooth or any aftermarket? Suggestions?

thanks

Old 10-27-2006, 02:49 PM

Check this out! I ordered mine, still waiting for it to come in. If all works out ill be getting one for our bmw x3 too.

http://www.parrotkits.com/steeringwheel.html

Old 10-27-2006, 07:49 PM
1st Gear

Hey,
I went to the website and they are significantly cheaper than the OEM version of bluetooth. It doesn't state exactly what you get. Let me know when you install it in your A3 and if you can, maybe do a simple write up? with pics? That will be great for other A3's to follow!

Thanks
Keep me posted!

Old 10-28-2006, 03:08 AM
1st Gear

Check out this forum:

http://www.navplus.us/

There are detailed instructions on how to install the OEM BT module with pictures and all part numbers.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:22 PM

For the aftermarket kit, im waiting on the steering wheel control harness and will attempting the install soon after. But, luckily, what helped me in my decision there are two writeups done by the same guy for installing the parrot ck3000 kit and then how to install the steering wheel kit in an A4. If you read the how to install the harness kit first, you will see what steps you need to eliminate from the original install. Im sure things are very close with the A4 and A3.

Here's the ck3000 install in for the A4

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec134.shtml

Heres the steering wheel harness install

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b7/msgs/57043.phtml

Keep me posted on what you decide to do and how you like it!!! Ill do the same.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:10 PM
1st Gear
Default Mki9000

Just installed the Parrot MKI9000 in my '03 A4 and followed the Audiworld write up. The install was EXACTLY the same. I suspect it would be the same for most, if not all, of the Parrot products. Works great with one exception... Prior to installing the microphone up near the sunroof controls (similar to the way it is in the Audiworld writeup), everyone I spoke to said I sounded clear. But after installing near the sunroof controls without the original microphone casing, my voice came through terribly. Put the casing back on, and installed near the sunroof controls. Sounds better, but not as good as it did when I was just sitting loose on the dashboard. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!