Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Amp remote turn-on wire. S8

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Amp remote turn-on wire. S8

I was wondering if anybody knew of a wire I could tap into thats located somewhere in the trunk and use as a remote turn-on wire for my amp. the car is a 2001 S8 and the battery is in the trunk, im also going to use a line level input adapter and tap into the speakers in the rear deck for signal, because of this I can basically keep the entire wiring install confined to the trunk if i can find a suitable remote turn on wire back there. it has a 6 disk changer and also the gps brain is located there too. I thought about possibly tapping into them but im not sure if that would leave the amp on continously or only on at times since they might have constant power or only power when they are each specifically in use. Any help would be appreciated, I thought about posting this in the A8 section but nobody goes in there lol.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Default RE: Amp remote turn-on wire. S8

I have an A4 and there was a stock amp in the back that I tapped for the remote turn on, If you can find wires to use in your trunk, test them with a volt meter, if its suitable for the remote turn on, the volt meter will only make a reading if the car is on... mine was the white wire, but yours may be different

Old 08-03-2008, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by derbyfb87
I have an A4 and there was a stock amp in the back that I tapped for the remote turn on, If you can find wires to use in your trunk, test them with a volt meter, if its suitable for the remote turn on, the volt meter will only make a reading if the car is on... mine was the white wire, but yours may be different
Hey what year is yours because I have a 98 a4 1.8 and I tried to tap into the rear amp for the turn on switch which would turn on my amp but i couldn't seem to find it...what color is the wire? Right now i have a manual switch that i turn on when i use the subs but i want to hook it up so that i don't have to bother turning it on and off when i use it.