Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Any Audi Ipod interface kit work arounds?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Default Any Audi Ipod interface kit work arounds?

I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way of making the Audi offered Ipod interface kit more useable. As others have commented, out of the box, the interface treats an Ipod as a CD player, with the first 5 CDs representing the first 5 playlists on your Ipod and the 6th CD representing a list of all songs on the Ipod. Unfortunately, titles of songs, names of artists, etc. are not displayed on the MMI, only a generic Track 1-99.

While I understand that this kit is incapable of displaying the titles of the songs (or other information) through the MMI, I was wondering if anyone has figured out a simple way of at least allowing one to select songs through the Ipod while continueing to play through the audi sound system. Right now, when you connect an Ipod to the interface, it disables your ability to view the current song being played on the Ipod or select songs on the Ipod (Ipod just shows the Apple logo informing you the Ipod is being used by a different device).

In otherwords, I am wondering if there is a simple way of making this interface work more like an audio jack with the Ipod, which I for one would find much more usuable then the limited MMI control currently offered.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Last edited by beantown111; 10-08-2008 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:31 AM

i haven't actually installed one yet, as i'm a new audi owner, but i have been looking around and i've seen plenty that offer the option of scrolling through the actual ipod. it should let you switch back and forth. I guess the question would be whether or not you want to pay the $200 for a different one.