Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bad Pixels bad Climet and radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 11:23 PM
1st Gear
Default Bad Pixels bad Climet and radio

Hey there. Well i just got a 2000 A4 with a 2.0 turbo not quatro. The car runs fine but i have bad pixels on the dash service screen bad pixels on the radio screen and bad pixels on the Ac unit. now how the herll all went bad in a 2000. Ok and the radio displays Safe so i tryed the code but i think i got it worn the first 2 time because it locked up so i left the car on for like 1 hour i disconected the battery i took the fuse out and nothing i can not go back to the part where i have to enter the Code. im about to go take it to the deleship but im seaure they will chage me big time. o yhea. and the car dosent have no heat. the ac works fine but when i put it on heat air from outside comes in no hot air??? but the car temperature is totaly fine. Any hell will be hily apriciated. thanck you.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:44 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: Bad Pixels bad Climet and radio

Yikes you just bought this car? I would take it back to complain! Bad pixels are common on the instrument cluster. Unfortunatly nothing you can do to fix it. You'll have to replace the cluster. Same goes for the climate control afaik. Usually if you input the radio code in too many times it just locks you out for an hour or so. Not sure why it is being a pain.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bad Pixels bad Climet and radio

Ok after a stop at the Audi dealer i found out that i need a new radio because my is locked up. What kind of idiots make a cdplayer that not even there staff cant fix. So now im looking for a new cd player. as for the heat in the car i have to get a new climate control unit. i opend the cd player and i found out that whoever had that car before they spilled coffe on the cd player and the climate unit so everything short out. else the car is nice. not bad for a 13k odometer A4 2000. Lets hope by next week its fixed. i also wrote audi an email about there stupid cd player safe rools. ok i get the point but your staff has to be able to reprogram the dam cd player.