Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bluetooth question re. MMI 2G High

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 08:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Bluetooth question re. MMI 2G High

Firstly, hello I've just bought a 2008 S5 and I have a question about the bluetooth functionality. Sorry if this has been answered before, but I've looked and although theres a lot on the topic, I don't seem to find an answer to this exactly.

So I have the MMI 2G High and I have some issues with the Bluetooth functionality and wanted to know if this is the norm and if so, what my options might be.

1. I can't stream audio from my phone via BT. I assumed this would be standard, but after reading some of the other threads, I see many people buying after market solutions. I don't have the AMI - nothing in the glove box, just the 'mini-jack' aux input in the center arm rest. I thought, according the FISCON website, this MMI version should include A2DP audiostream via BT (here: FISCON Bluetooth Freisprecheinrichtung). I can connect to and use the phone functionality, just don't seem to be able to use audio.

2. Even if the first point is a bit annoying, I still have the aux input which I can live with. However, when I connect the phone via aux and then connect to BT, the audio stops. It seems to be either/or BT phone connection/aux adio streaming. This is really frustrating and not what I would expect on a premium car to be honest.

I would be really grateful if someone with the experience and understanding could tell me if the above is 'working as designed' and what my options might be to get the functionality I want (ideally proper BT audio integrated, or minimum the ability to stream audio while having phone functionality over BT). I'm not really experienced with cars in general and want to avoid making a very expensive mistake by taking it to the Audi dealer and going for their recommendation without the proper understanding.

Old 03-07-2014, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

I'm starting to wonder if anyone actually reads threads on this forum. I posted at least 3 times, no response. Totally dead. /rant

Ok so I saw some kits online that you can install the AMI in the glove box. I don't recall if it's an aftermarket solution or OEM. I have the same issue in my Audi A4 2014, no bluetooth streaming ability. However, I do have the AMI already installed by default so I bought this
Adapter Adapter
which attaches to any 30 dock connector. Most of the people I see buy it get it for the purposes of attaching it to the 30 pin AMI adapter so they can stream music. Personally, I have an iPhone 5s which uses a Lightning connector, but since I ordered this dongle it won't matter since I won't connect my phone to it. Having said all that, I did pre-order the AMI to Lightning connector before I found this. I'll let you know if the dongle works, assuming you're interested. I know you don't have the AMI yet, but if you do get it...LMK.

Last edited by Ambush; 03-07-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:51 PM
1st Gear

Dongle works flawlessly. Immediately detects the device and plays music without me touching anything. It's weird though because if I pause from the phone it will play music after a second. But using the stereo or steering wheel controls it responds properly.