Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Body Control Module help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 11:29 PM
1st Gear
Default Body Control Module help?

Hey I'm new here, also new to the Audi world as we just bought a 2004 A4 for the wife.

Anyways, had it for a week and went out of town (left it at home) and while gone we had a huge rain storm, like over 5" in 10 minutes.

Came home to find the cars hazzard lights going off and we couldn't stop them. Went to bed and read all about the CCM under the floor. So fast forward to the morning, pull up the carpet and no suprise there's water there. Pull out the ccm and its pretty darn dry. Go about sucking the water out and drying everything for about 10 hours. Put the ccm back in and now the wipers have a mind of their own, and the washer fluid wants to spit out constantly. This is even with the key off. The hazards won't turn on now, and the signals won't work either.

Do a lot more reading and think it may be the the bcm and that controls the lights and all that.

Does anyone know where I find the bcm? I want to pull it and clean it and inspect it.

Any other ideas? This is super frustrating. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:55 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Amped45
Hey I'm new here, also new to the Audi world as we just bought a 2004 A4 for the wife.

Anyways, had it for a week and went out of town (left it at home) and while gone we had a huge rain storm, like over 5" in 10 minutes.

Came home to find the cars hazzard lights going off and we couldn't stop them. Went to bed and read all about the CCM under the floor. So fast forward to the morning, pull up the carpet and no suprise there's water there. Pull out the ccm and its pretty darn dry. Go about sucking the water out and drying everything for about 10 hours. Put the ccm back in and now the wipers have a mind of their own, and the washer fluid wants to spit out constantly. This is even with the key off. The hazards won't turn on now, and the signals won't work either.

Do a lot more reading and think it may be the the bcm and that controls the lights and all that.

Does anyone know where I find the bcm? I want to pull it and clean it and inspect it.

Any other ideas? This is super frustrating. Thanks in advance.
Anyone? This is what sounds closest to me....

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-b6-platform-discussion-34/wipers-wont-stop-cycling-2870244/

I should also note that turning the key off doesn't shut them off. The wipers will keep going and same with the washer fluid pump