Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Bose help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 09:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Bose help

I posted this in the A4 section but I figured I might be better off with it here. I want to run an aftermarket amp with my stock Bose head unit. Badluckaudi says you can run it straight to the stock Bose speakers. I don't understand how that can be since aren't the Bose speakers 1ohm while most aftermarket amps are either 2 or 4 ohms? Any help is appreciated. I just don't want to throw something in there and end up messing stuff up.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:56 AM
Default RE: Bose help

I disconnected My rear subs in the deck and hooked up one of the speaker wires to a line level converter.I bought mine on ebay for $20 .This will give you RCA's to feed your amp a signal,which you want to be able to adjust the level so just make sure your converter has a adjustment.I hooked up my constant power for my Bose amp to the constant to the amp I installed (non-Bose).I have a 2000 A4 and the wire diagram is different for every year so search around a couple wright up's before you clip on to your amp.For me there was two white wires off the Bose amp the larger 10 gage wire was the one I cripped onto.Then run your power wire I cut the nipple off the front of the ECU box and went threw the fire wall under the rug to the trunk. Then find a bolt in the trunk to ground your amp.Make sure to put a inline fuse from your battery to your amp and hook up your power last.***You don't have to remove your radio if you do it this way!