Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Clock adjust and auto windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Clock adjust and auto windows

This is my first Audi and after searching I'm having trouble finding the answers I need. First, the gauges were recently changed and the time/date is wrong. How do I set it? I'm usually pretty good at figuring things like that out but am stuck.

Second, when I got the car the windows were auto up and down except for the rears which were only auto down. I had to disconnect the battery and now none of them are auto up or down. How do I change it back?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Default clock

Not sure about your model but if it's like my A3 there is a **** or button below & to the right of the tachometer for the clock. There's one below & to the left of the speedometer for the trip-meter. You pull the **** to "select" hours/minutes and rotate to **** to edit.

I would think the window operation was the default. I believe there are some comfort items that can be controlled through the VAGCOM software. I don't have the software needed (do have the cable), the lite version I got only had a serial port & wouldn't work USB.
If you don't find any answers McC Audi in Mobile has answered several questions for me over the phone.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM
1st Gear

Thanks Matt. I tried pushing that **** and holding it but never thought of pulling it out. I'll give it a try. The windows started working on thier own this morning, so no need to mess with that.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

after you unplugged the battery, for auto windows to work, the module must "learn" the limits of the window. what you do is:
1: put key in ignition and turn on
2: press and hold down on drivers window button until window is all the way down
3: release the button
4: pull and hold up on the button to bring window up until the window has reached the top
5: release button
6: test the auto down function.
7: repeat above steps for other windows too.

sometimes you have to do it a couple times to get it to work.