Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

im having problems with my aftermarket speakers and amp with my stock radio PLZ HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 05:49 AM
1st Gear
Default im having problems with my aftermarket speakers and amp with my stock radio PLZ HELP!!!

HI i just bought 2 MB Quart premium component speakers an a Alpine V12 320 2 channel amp with a pyle wiring the problem is i have the stock radio and every thing is still running threw the stock amp in the back, all i want to do is run the 2 rear deck speakers that i just bought from the amp that i just got! i connected everything the amp has power but the speakers dont get any sound not even a humming sound. does it have to do with the RCA adaptor that i had to wire to the radio? do i have to put the adaptor back farther towards the amp to get the signal stronger? thank you if u respond to this it will be greatly appreciated rick

Old 08-06-2004, 03:55 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: im having problems with my aftermarket speakers and amp with my stock radio PLZ HELP!!!

you might want to check the high pass or low pass filters on the amp...

then again, if they were set incorrectly, the speakers would be trying to produce the lower tunes at least making some noise...

im thinking there is no input, or something else in the wiring of the signal...

make sure if your rca adapter has input for signal from 2 speakers that they are in phase with eachother... switch the polarity of one of the input speakers, see if that does anything...

Old 08-10-2004, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: im having problems with my aftermarket speakers and amp with my stock radio PLZ HELP!!!

If you are using the high level input, make sure that you have that selected on the amp. The high level input "box" should have level adjustments on it for each channel. Try adjusting these first. Another issue you could be having is matching the impedence from the deck to the high level input. Check and see what load the high level input converter box is expecting to see. It should be on the box or in the directions. Your Audi factory deck is probably 2ohms and the converter may be looking for a 4 ohm load. It's been about 10 years sine I did this stuff, but hope this works.

Old 08-10-2004, 04:26 PM
6th Gear

How did you tap the amp into the system? Did you use a high level converter from the factory amp or did you tap into the Low level outputs of your factory headunit?