Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

AUDI Symphony - Terrible Reception

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 02:16 PM
1st Gear
Default AUDI Symphony - Terrible Reception

I just purchased an 03 Audi A4. It is equiped with the symphony radio system and of course as I left the dealership, the radio sounded great, good reception, but as I got further away from the closest city, the signal got worse, and ultimatly did not work at all. The car i traded in had a BOSE system and signal strength was never an issue, so it is not as if I am simply too far away.

I understand the antenae is in the rear window. Perhaps this is part o the problem, but I am surprised I can't get half of the stations that I was getting on the car I traded in. I had mentioned it to somebody, and they said in German cars, there may be a local/distant button. I found something like that on the menu tab, but it was for scanning.

SO are thes radio's know for having poor reception, should I take it back to the dealer and have it checked or is there another button for local/distant that i am missing? I looked through the manual and didn't find anything that would help with a weak reception. Any suggestions? Thanks.