Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Ipod Interface Installation: Blitzsafe

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM
2nd Gear
Exclamation Ipod Interface Installation: Blitzsafe

Hey gang, look what just came in the mail.

So this is the Blitzsafe iPod connector that plugs into the factory Audi Bose Symphony II head-unit. It will charge the iPod and allow you to control the iPod through the factory head-unit.

I'll be installing this sometime this week and post a how-to for those who want to know or those who are researching this.

iPod, Interface, MP3, CDC, Blitzsafe, Bose Symphony, Headunit

Old 01-27-2010, 06:23 PM

do you know if this is compatible with a 2000 audi a4 1.8t's stock sound system?? I believe it is the symphony 1 but I am not sure

Old 01-27-2010, 11:25 PM
2nd Gear

http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/audi/cat_10.html

Most likely is, start on that page and narrow your search by the year. If you have the CDC button you can get an adapter. Oh, and I got mine for 75$ shipped off ebay, but I first looked up the model on their site.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Default iPOD

Mikekey-
Thanks for posting. Have you noticed any interference with your FM stations since installing?
The reason I ask is that I just got my S4 back from Audi service and asked them to look into the infamous poor reception problem. Well, we replaced the antenna amplifier and no improvement. One of the techs did some additional troubleshooting and discovered my iPOD connector (came with the car) was causing the interference. I have considered buying another unit(Neo Pro, Blitz) but wasn't sure if that will fix it.

-JT
05 S4
66 Plymouth Belvedere convert
68 Alfa GTjr. Gr.2 Vintage Racer

Old 02-04-2010, 02:04 PM
2nd Gear

I haven't noticed any difference in my reception.

HOW-TO

You will need a Audi/VW radio removal tool. If you have the Symphony II, I think you will need 2 pair.

Remove the radio from the dash.

Connect the single ground wire from the Blitzsafe adapter to Radio chasis ground.

Disconnect the top harness connector, it's solid black and connect it to the red connector on the Blitzsafe interface.

Connect the blue/gren/yellow connector on the Blitzsafe to the spot where the black OEM connector was on the radio.

Then all you have to do is figure out where you want to run your ipod cable too, and connect your ipod.

Reinstall the radio and you're set to goo.

Attached Thumbnails Ipod Interface Installation: Blitzsafe-cimg0099.jpg  
Old 02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Default Ipod

Thanks!

-JT

Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 PM

excellent post. good job Mikey

Old 02-27-2010, 02:24 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by digit
i used this ipod connector in my audi A4.it caused me troubles while i was talking via my cell.i found this was due to interference caused by my ipod connector.
That's a pretty random problem, me and my wife have both been in the car at the same time on our phones, with the ipod playing. I'd beat it's not the connector.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:07 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mikekey
http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/audi/cat_10.html

Most likely is, start on that page and narrow your search by the year. If you have the CDC button you can get an adapter. Oh, and I got mine for 75$ shipped off ebay, but I first looked up the model on their site.
so what model exacltly did u get?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM
2nd Gear

Audi / m-link1 v.1b

Quick Reply: Ipod Interface Installation: Blitzsafe