Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

OEM Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 05:43 AM
1st Gear
Default OEM Bluetooth

Hello everyone,

I am a new member though I have been reading a lot in this forum and I decided I need to try to figure one problem out. So here goes:

I own Audi A3 8P '06 US model, V6 quattro. It came with Symphony II HU, bose and factory OEM bluetooh. However, bluetooth does not work as it should be.
I can pair my phone (nokia, tried iphone as well) successfully, DIS displays numbers, BT on etc.

Main problem:
When there is an incoming call DIS displays that there is one, music stops. Once I answer it with a button on the steering wheel caller can hear me perfectly but there is no sound from the speakers in the car. There is no sound from the speakers when there is an incoming call, nor there is a notification honk once I pair my phone to bluetooth (read that some have it, others don't).

Presumingly there is something wrong with the wiring that I had not interfered with (except I connected aux-in via SAT button). I attached a couple of photos how the wiring looks like from the back of my HU.
What worries me is that there are two extra wires which are not connected to anywhere (Green and Black).

By searching through the forums I only found a information how to change Symphony II HU to RNS-E which did not provide any information on how the wiring for OEM bluetooth should look like, maybe those two extra wires are the key to this (?).
There is an empty connector slot (4 photo, top slot) which according to a wiring scheme should have tel + tel- nad mute connected. But there is nothing connected and mute, and line-out (caller hears me) works perfectly so it must be something else.

If anyone had something similar or knows what could be the problem I could really use some help.

Any information and help is much appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails OEM Bluetooth-1.jpg   OEM Bluetooth-2.jpg   OEM Bluetooth-3.jpg   OEM Bluetooth-4.jpg  

Last edited by Karx; 09-26-2014 at 07:10 AM.