Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Opinions about aftermarket bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:33 AM
1st Gear
Default Opinions about aftermarket bulbs?

I personally like aftermarket blubs, I think they look good. I have already changed out my turn signals for blue ones that light up white in the front, and chromed over ones in the back that still light up amber. I plan on changing out the high beams and low beams (H7s) with PIAAs Xtreme force (blue also). I think I might just round it out with PIAA xtreme force H11 blubs in the fog lights. That’s all good, but then I was looking at the back of my car, and noticed I didn't like the dim, ugly light emitted from the license plate lights. I looked online and found replacement ones that would emit a brighter white light, but would it be too much? Do you think too many aftermarket blubs would give a "ricer" overtone to my car? (Black 03 A4)

A friend of mine raised this question, so I'd just like to get more opinions on it. Thanks.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Opinions about aftermarket bulbs?

Honestly, with the cost of them anymore, there's not a single good reason to not buy HIDs for your low beams. Forget the PIAA halogen bulbs - regardless of what the package says, their output and color intensity can't compare with true xenon lights. As for the other bulbs, a few years ago I bought 27W reverse lights from www.auto-freak.net (or www.autofreak.net - don't remember which). Check them out - you can probably get some very bright bulbs from there and the cost wasn't bad at all.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Opinions about aftermarket bulbs?

Thanks