Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Phone-Bluetooth Compatibility List- July 08 & LG8600 review

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
1st Gear
Default Phone-Bluetooth Compatibility List- July 08 & LG8600 review

List
Audi has published an update to the compatibility list. Dated 7/23/08.
http://www.audiusa.com/etc/medialib/....0036.File.pdf

Sadly, there are not many addtions to the list for 2008.

Review
I have used the LG8600 with Verizon very successfully with my OEM phone prep feature. Downloads phone book (there is a limit of 150 entries it appears), recently dialed, missed, etcetera shows up on the MMI, so I'm very happy with it.

I am very pleased with the LG series, as you can see from the list, it doesn't have any exceptions that the other phones do. The only thing I would wish for is to either pipe the music from the phone into the MMI (does not appear to be supported with audi bluetooth) or pipe the voice commands from a getitnow application (vznavigator - I don't have Audi navigation) into the MMI. Sometimes people say they can't hear me very well (I've never called myself to know.) Wonder where the microphone is.

I have even accidentially put my phone in the trunk and was able to make phone calls via MMI. That was a nice surprise.
I have to go shopping for a new phone, since It's up for renewal and the old phone needs a new battery after 2 years. I am going to stick with LG and see what I can find that works. If a phone doesn't work with the Audi, back it goes to VZW and I'll try the next one.

I have seen one report that suggests that the LG 8800 Venus will not work. I've looked at the other VZW offerings, and would prefer one with larger buttons, so I don't know what I'm going to get, model-wise.

I will keep you posted on what I find is "compatible."

Old 09-26-2008, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

Followup:
I didn't upgrade afterall. It seemed that the "chocolate" LG was the most compatible, but it has an entirely new power connector, requiring new auto adapter and worse, it doesn't have an external antenna jack, which I need at my residence.

In the end, I am staying with the vx8600 and just purchased a new battery.
I got two years~ out of this battery, heavy user of vznavigator

b