Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 06:31 AM
1st Gear
Default pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed

So last eve I tore out the useless back seat to build an enclosure for 2 rockford 12s. In the middle will be http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500MRPM...50.html?tp=115.

Nothing to outragous but should get the job done. Now Im ready to start with the MDF however im not really going to have time to work on it since my car will be parked at philly airport till the new year pretty much. It will be ported.

Now for the questions:
-in the 2nd pic, what is that box type thing?
-do you think the location will cause my 6cd changer to jump/skip cds?
-I was thinking of either the procarpet stuff, or fiberglassing it and spraying it black or some darker color, what ideas do you guys have?

Thanks for the input.

Attached Thumbnails pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed-1.jpg   pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed-2.jpg   pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed-3.jpg   pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed-4.jpg   pics of sub enclosure im building.. also questions and input needed-5.jpg  

Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

I think the box with the RED connector on it is some sort of shock sensor, relating to all things safety (airbags, etc.). Can you build around it?

When you bolt the subwoofer enclosure to the car, the changer will not skip.

Good luck matching the carpet, but if you want a "stealth" install (good for long parks at the airport), I would find an auto upholstery shop, and get as close as you can. Another good idea would be to cover as much of the "obvious" equipment, like the amplifier and subs. Try your best to keep prying eyes off your gear...

Old 10-13-2008, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

you will love that amp i have it
and it is awsome

Old 10-14-2008, 04:37 AM
4th Gear

red box... read off part number and plug it into google...

how much weight do you think you took out with the rear seats gone?

Old 10-14-2008, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

thanks for all the input. Id say the back seats might weigh 15lbs total guessing. Ill weigh them later.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
1st Gear

make sure you make that box the proper size so as not to make the sound awful! Also i suggest getting a crossover and an equalizer to get yourself a nice munson curve to make it sound awesome!

Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by csuflyboy
I think the box with the RED connector on it is some sort of shock sensor, relating to all things safety (airbags, etc.). Can you build around it?

When you bolt the subwoofer enclosure to the car, the changer will not skip.

Good luck matching the carpet, but if you want a "stealth" install (good for long parks at the airport), I would find an auto upholstery shop, and get as close as you can. Another good idea would be to cover as much of the "obvious" equipment, like the amplifier and subs. Try your best to keep prying eyes off your gear...
Im sorry Audi Fans... but im just trying to get my new speakers back... if you guys ever got scammed this shiet isn't fun at all...

HEY MATT!!! HAVING FUN IGNORING MY IM's AND EMAIL'S? I WANT MY SPEAKERS AND YOU KNOW IT!!! SO GIVE THEM BACK!!! MBQ-QSD 216's are hard to find and my speakers are NEW GIVE THEM BACK TO ME. YOU MADE ME FLAME THESE POSTS LIKE THIS BECAUSE THATS HOW YOU WILL GIVE ME SOME RESPONSE... BEWARE AUDI FANS HE's A THief that doesn't keep his words..