Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Posted from 'New Members' area

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 07:14 PM
1st Gear
Default Posted from 'New Members' area

I posted this earlier in the welcome section but I figure this gets more traffic...

Hi folks, I'm in the process of swapping my Corvette for a 2008 Audi. The Vette was fun, but I needed the interior space and 4 doors. I'll upload a pic or two once I get it home. The car has 87,000 on the clock. It's loaded with all the options except back-up camera. It's a gorgeous dark grey(whatever they call that color) with real rich looking orange-tan guts(whatever that color is also called), heated and cooled seats, Alcantara door inserts and roof. Heated and cooled rear seats with power lumbar. It was a one owner car a with decent maintenance history. I have three issues that face me. 1) The sunroof opens just fine, but makes a loud buzzing noise when 2/3 of the way closed. It closes fine, just buzzes. 2) The drivers door truck switch doesn't work. The trunk opens and closes just fine with the key and by hand. 3) The drivers door lock \alarm set button doesn't work. All others work just fine. My questions are, where on this forum can I get mechanical issues addressed and has anyone reading this had similar problems with any one of these inop functions?
I'm mechanically inclined, so I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty. I just need to increase my metric tool box..
Thanks in advance,
Mike