Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Problems Updating Audi Q7 MMi 2G + Dension Gateway 500

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:09 AM
1st Gear
Default Problems Updating Audi Q7 MMi 2G + Dension Gateway 500

Good morning to all

I finally managed to update the maps for my navigator, 2 months ago I purchased a Q7, super equipped with digital terrestrial Macrom, Alpine TV and DVD rear passengers and Dension Gateway 500 for iphone and usb plug on the radio.
My problem occurs trying to update the MMI Software from 5150 to 5570, basically stops failing to update the component IDC1 reading on various forums I realized that IDC1 should be the Denson 500.
In the glove compartment box I found the switch of the Dension 500 and I set to service mode, in doing so he is detached from the plant and radio is no longer detected, I tried again to do the update but it seems that MMI is still detected because hangs on IDC1.
At this point I doubt they are 2, the first is that it can be to give the digital terrestrial Macrom problems and not the Dension 500, or what do I fail to turn off the Dension. On the manual I read that there is a bypass mode with this procedure:

In order to enter Bypass mode, first disconnect all
devices from the Gateway. The radio displays
Disc1/Track99.
Now press the Back button six times and the
Gateway switches to Bypass mode. At this point
the Radio switches back to FM or to the earlier
selected audio source.
The Gateway stays in Bypass mode even if you
re-start your car, and it is invisible to the electronic
devices in your car, or the diagnostics computers,
just as if it was not installed at all.
I tried to run but I disc1/track99 does not appear and if I press return 6 times nothing happens ... all that remains is the help of experts who know some of you enlighten me! Please let me christmas gift!

Thanks to all!!!