Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Q7 Audio issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:09 AM
1st Gear
Default Q7 Audio issue

Hello! This is my first post but I have enjoyed reading the threads here and the vast knowledge. I have searched the forum for my issue and thought I found many great possibilities to resolve my problem, but I still have my issue so I thought I would ask:

I have a 2007 Q7. The "mute" function seems to be stuck active with the no speaker icon showing on the screen. I have replaced the Bose amplifier which resolved my fiber link issue (I had to install the fiber loop previously since that function stopped working) but it didn't restore audio. I did have the dealer remove the component protection when I installed the new amp however they told me they didn't have time to troubleshoot my audio issues and to come back "sometime later".

I have moved my MMI ****/control to a friend's vehicle and my ****/control works correctly in his car so it doesn't seem to be related to the ****/button panel.

I checked the scroll wheel on the steering wheel and even cleaned it and it seems to be working but still no audio.

I used a VCDS setup and was able to send test tones to all speakers, so the speakers seem to work.

I am out of ideas on this one - the only thing I can think of is something is putting the amplifier into some sort of signal protection mode; possibly a short, but I am not convinced of that.

Any ideas? I sure would love to have music again!

Thanks in advance!