Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

several electrical thingies fail at the same time

Old 03-13-2014, 09:10 AM
1st Gear
Default several electrical thingies fail at the same time

hello i own an audi a6 quattro estate from 1997 c4(d?) chassi.
and a few days ago i was driving in heavy rain and parked the car in the rain to go shoping.
when i started the car my blinkers,front whipers and aircondition did not work at all.
i checked the owners manual and found out everything goes on the same fuse. but the fuse was whole + i tried replacing it.

i then called the audi center here in norway they told me i should check my comfort control module wich they said was located under the driver seat.
after i had removed the seat and checked under the carpet and found nothing.
i called them back then they told me my car is just 1 year to old to have such a module and that they would not assist me further on the phone, but they would offcourse take the car in and fix it for me.
but since that will easily amount to over 2000euro to get my car back from the shop i don't want too let them fix it just yet.

so i hope there is someone here that knows what could be wrong whit my car
and i am sorry for the bad english.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

it sounds like water is grounding out a couple of wires ,so with a test light you gonna pull fuses to isolate where in each system the short is, also check to see if water is trapped somewhere in car