Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Solutions For B6 Sytem plz

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
1st Gear
Default Solutions For B6 Sytem plz

hello everyone,i have an issue with my head unit,im the proud owner of an A4 2002 it has the audi symphony double din unit c.d and cassette player,

i want better sound i.e install box in boot upgrade standard speakers amp etc but the head unit is stopping me,

i do not wana remove and change the head unit for 1 that can give me the power for better louder sound,is there anyway to modify my head unit so it can accomadate bigger speakers amp etc?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:55 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Solutions For B6 Sytem plz

come on fellas surely someone should have solution..

Old 05-20-2007, 02:57 AM
1st Gear

You'll want to install the JL Audio CleanSweep. The Audi has some Digital Signal Processing in it to optimize the performance of the Bose speakers. The CleanSweep un-EQs the DSP, and gives you a nice, clean signal to work with. You can add an EQ if you choose, or simply add an amplifier, and speakers/subs.

Old 05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: csuflyboy

You'll want to install the JL Audio CleanSweep. The Audi has some Digital Signal Processing in it to optimize the performance of the Bose speakers. The CleanSweep un-EQs the DSP, and gives you a nice, clean signal to work with. You can add an EQ if you choose, or simply add an amplifier, and speakers/subs.

cheers for the reply mate,are there any cheaper options apart from the cleansweep?

Old 05-21-2007, 12:25 PM
1st Gear

also has anyone had any xperience with the cleansweep and if so how would they rate this piece of kit?

Old 05-22-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear

Yes, Audi Radios and virtually everything with "No Highs, No Lows, Must Be Bose" systems do have some processing. But you might get away with a four channel amp connected to the outputs of your radio directly. Almost all Audi radios have low level or (RCA) outputs that you could use directly with an aftermarket amp. However if you want to add amps you have to replace your speakers too.

I would suggest if you are planning to do the Clean Sweep think about replacing your factory radio if you are serious about audio. I can tell you that the Clean Sweep is a great product (I am a JL Audio Dealer) however, for about the same money ($350 retail), you could replace your stock headunit with an aftermarket and it would sound much better.

Remember that all the Clean Sweep does is EQ the factory system not "Clean up the Sound" as they want you to believe. The Clean Sweep should be your last option if you cant stand the thought of getting an aftermarket Head Unit.

You can never turn Chicken **** into Chicken Soup.

BTW, Csuflyboy Eq's really only add noise.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:44 AM
2nd Gear

ive done SQ for a while now and in my opinion, stock= poopie. if you dont want to change the stock headunit you wont get good sound cheap. theres one device that can help, but the thing is around 700 bucks and its a waste of money if youre not using a hign end amp and some way nice speakers. then again, if you have all those and u have a crummy headunit, you still wont get good sound, because if u change only one thing in your cars audio system, it has to be the headunit. just get a nice aftermarket headunit and go from that.