Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Take my $! Ipod and HDRadio integration?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Default Take my $! Ipod and HDRadio integration?

I have hit up multiple audio shops ... noone can help.

2004 A6 Symphony (no sat) Bose.

All I want is HDRadio AND Ipod integration.

I like the Dice unit - but no HDRadio. I am willing to have a small extra screen mounted if needed. I would rather keep the OEM head unit.

Can anyone assist!?!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:02 PM
1st Gear

Fine - I give. I couldn't find an option. Instead here is what I am working on:

HDRadio in metro areas gives you the same as FM, plus extra channels that don't have (as many) commercials. Also - you get digital quality audio (There are mixed reviews - but I want to try it out). HD Digital Radio www.hdradio.com has a list of the stations. I listen to a lot of NPR - so I want the high quality audio it has to offer. Unfortunately I spend a lot of time in the car to/from work. I refuse to pay another subscription fee....

I have ditched the whole adapter concept. Noone seems to be able to make it work with HD.

So instead - I am looking at making the dash a double din:
Car Audio Direct - Audi A6 double DIN fitting kit - Fitting Adaptor http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/audi...ng-p-6955.html
and puting in a Jensen head unit:
Jensen VM9022HD In-Dash DVD Players (with monitor) In-Dash Car Stereo Receivers and Head Units Car Audio and Video - Sonic Electronix
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...+VM9022HD.html

I know the head unit is probably not top notch- but I just can not find similar value. This has HD, ipod, Video (out to back-seat), USB stick etc. It has it all? The local shop doesn't want to install it - so I will have to do it myself. I figure I can do the whole thing for $550 after I buy the dual DIN adapter and the harness.

Anyone have thoughts?

I have not been able to find a review of the sound quality - but I assume with my bose amp and speakers - it should be decent.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Try Dension. www.dension.com.