Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

Think carefully before you get Sirius!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Default Think carefully before you get Sirius!

I had a terrrible experience with Sirius:Got tired if fiddling with the transceiver (not their problem) and tired of commercials (why there are commercials on a service you're already paying for is still a riddle to me- they lie when they say no commercials...), so decided to not re-up my subscription: just let it "run out". Oh, but guess what- it doesn't "just run out"! They're in such a marketing pickle with investors they can't let any subscribers go without a fight, so they "automatically renew" your contract for you. I was getting a constant barrage of automated phone calls. Ignored them at first, but finally got onewhen (I thought) I had time to deal with it, so went thru their automated response system until I finally got a human being and told him I wanted to cancel my service. Pressed hard for an explanation, I told him my antenna had broken, and I didn't want to buy a whole new system (true enough). He immediately offered to replace the antenna, and I said no thanks. Then he started offering free service for some period. Again I said no, I just want to cancel and stop the phone calls. This is where it got silly: He would not (could not?) take "No" for an answer. He kept offering and I kept saying no until finally I was literally shouting over and over "NO, NO, NO, NO" into my phone- still offering! Finally a light went on in my head and I said, "Could I speak with a supervisor please?" He put me on hold for several minutes, and when the supervisor came on I was finally able to get her to "let me" cancel my service, but she informed me of the automatic renewal, and insisted I pay for the "service" from the end of my subscription to that date- about three months!! I took a look around meto see if I could spotthe hidden camera, and, after going back and forth a few times I finally told her I was notgoing to pay for sevice I didn't want and hadn't received and thatmy next step was to contact the Better Business Bureau, at which point she finally backed down and let me go. Whew!

Now I'm thinking about a new Audi, and will goto whatever length necessary to make sure I don'tget signed up for Sirius. Recommend you all do the same if you don't want the Monkey on your back...

Old 11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Think carefully before you get Sirius!

Sounds like a nightmare. I just got my CPO '04 allroad, and the Sirius is still turned on from the previous owner. I've enjoyed it (mostly) so far, but am also befuddled by the presence of their own commercials. I agree that it should just be music or entertainment. Speaking of which, I'm a little tired of the promos on HBO, too.

Is the sound quality supposed to be HD with Sirius? Whatever, when the subscription runs out, I'll probably just let it go...at least Sirius doesn't know where to find me!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM

I'll bet your PO will be the one getting pestered when the subscription runs out- you'd better hope he can't find you or won't pass your info along!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM
1st Gear

You're an idiot.
That simple enough for you. I've had it for 3 years on 2 vehicles and have never had a problem.Their customer service is some of the most hassle free to deal with, if you have an issue, they tend to GIVE you months of free service.
They don't advertise being completely commercial free, never have. THE MUSIC IS COMMERCIAL FREE!! Think carefully before you post.
I pay by the year and they give me a courtesy call to remind me when it runs out and ask if I want to renew for the whole year again. It's pretty simple, either you pay or it gets shut off.
I truly do think you're an idiot.
They sell advertising just like any other station, suppose you're listening to ESPN radio, you know how they go to commercial break on free radio? What do you suppose should happen on Sirius? They sell ad time too.So they play a commercial.
What baffles you about the receiver? Pushing a button? Choosing a station to listen too? Too complicated for you?
The only subscription that auto-renews is the month-to-month. Clearly states that it does and will until you call in and cancel it. Which takes all of 2 minutes. Did it for my mother when she was on my account for a couple of months.
Have a good night and go back to Honda-Tech.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:31 PM

Pretty tough language for a newbie, or anyone in a public space actually. I stand by my experience and my post- you haven't tried cancelling totally yet...

"It's pretty simple, either you pay or it gets shut off" That's exactly what I thought....

Nothing baffling about the receiver- the wire broke to the antenna. Don't know how you got the notion I was "baffled".

So why are you so willing to pay for a service that also sells advertising? Seems to me it should be either/or.

BTW, how do I find the Honda-Tech site? Maybe they have friendlier people there...