Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

4-ring light ups when brake

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Default 4-ring light ups when brake

how can i do this lights ? ( where can i buy )
4ring light ups when we press the brake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FoJGTfxkxI -- this film

Old 05-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Default RE: 4-ring light ups when brake

very cool

Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

same here, where can you get or fab this up

Old 07-01-2007, 10:46 PM

Not really sure, but if i had to take an educated guess it would be that they made the rings out of clear plexiglass. Probably had someone cutthem on a machine, and then hard-wired some lights.

I didn't get that creative, but i took some black vinyl tape and cut out the Audi logo and slapped it on my 3rd brake light.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
1st Gear

Yeah I agree that was a very cool idea. after I am done with my mechanical and get to my bodywork I will look into haveing that done. Nice Find.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:31 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Hey, your 90 is looking a little ricey, there... Might want to consider toning it down a bit!

Old 11-25-2007, 04:26 AM

it looks really nice maybe u know where can i buy something like that?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Administrator

OK, here's a way it could be done. There's a company called AutoVation that made some pretty sick illuminated products awhile back. One of those (in the 300ZX world) was illuminating the rear center panel, like this:

The way they did it was to use a fluorescent (indiglo) panel, which was available in several sizes and colors, and put it inside the rear housing after sanding away the paint on the inside to unmask the "300ZX" (labor intensive and difficult to get right). The panels came wired to a 12VDC transformer, whose power and ground leads would just be tapped into the license plate lights, so that when the parking lights were turned on, the panel would illuminate.

If the Audi in Tutusik's post had this, it probably was a bodywork cutout with a transparent backer, and a similar panel wired up behind it. Alternately, as A4 Effort says, the rings could be made from plexiglas, and maybe a couple small holes drilled in the bodywork to accommodate LED lights wired up and mounted through the body into the back of the plexi rings. Either way it's a long, involved process, but the results are pretty sweet.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:41 AM

If the Audi in Tutusik's post had this, it probably was a bodywork cutout with a transparent backer, and a similar panel wired up behind it. Alternately, as A4 Effort says, the rings could be made from plexiglas, and maybe a couple small holes drilled in the bodywork to accommodate LED lights wired up and mounted through the body into the back of the plexi rings. Either way it's a long, involved process, but the results are pretty sweet.
Cuz i already have the ready 4-ring but dunno how to install them .

Old 11-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Far as I can tell, you'd have to mount them first so you know where you want them. You would have to drill holes in the bodywork for LED wiring, and mount the LEDs inside the rings (drill into them). Mount the rings to the back of the car, run the wires through, and connect them up. There might be a better way that would be apparent if the car was in front of me, but that's my best guess for the situation.

Quick Reply: 4-ring light ups when brake