Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

detag S4 and tag with A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM
1st Gear
Default detag S4 and tag with A4

How hard or costly is it to detag an S4 and in its place put A4.... reason I need to appease my wife So basically I want it to look like an A4.

On the back we have the S4 logo and on the front grill there is an S4 logo as well. I would like change the back one to "A4" and the one on the front grill to "Quattro". Also I would need to change the tail pipes to single pipes along with the rear valence so that it looks more like a A4 3.2

There should be a shop in Montreal that can do this, what do you think this should cost me?

Old 12-20-2011, 09:23 PM
AudiForums WilkommenVagen Direktor

Wilkommen to the forums

should be really really really really really easy. and pretty cheap

pick up the badges from wherever, ebay, partout, online source. the badges are just "glued" onto the car. some fishing line is usually all it takes to "saw" them off. maybe a heat gun/hair dryer if you want to make it go a bit faster. some compound if needed to clean up the area and just stick the new badges on

i wouldn't worry about the pipes at all but if absolutely need to that should be simple as well. just replace the exhaust tips that are on there now. look at them and you will see what you would need to do.

don't bother trying to pay someone to do either. unless of course you are made of money. if you are, send some to me. PM me for payment details

still don't understand why anyone would voluntarily do this though...

Old 12-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Guru

A4 tailpipes are twin as well. Just debadge the car. But what are you going to do about the cluster that says a4. Is she really smart enough to know what an s4 is? Or dumb enough to think you got rid of your s for an a that look identical?

Just sell the car and get an a4 if it is that much of a hassle. Or if it's an avant trade my a4 for yours.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:37 AM
4th Gear

Silver mirrors, front bumper, the V8 under the hood? What are you going to do about those?

Really, the question is, why does your wife want you to do this? Does she drive it often and she's sick of wannabe ricers trying to race here all the time? (Believe it or not, that happens to my wife in her Maxima all the time, so she claims).

Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
4th Gear

ill take you silver mirrors if u are going to part with them!

Old 12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
2nd Gear

If she want's an A4 I'll save you the trouble and just trade you an A4 for the S4...