Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Invisible Bra?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:16 AM
1st Gear
Default Invisible Bra?

Who thought this was gonna be about chicks?

Anyways...

My dad is buying a new A4. The salesman at the dealership says that there is a guy that is independent from the stealership that does invisible bra installation on new cars. I found this website and read a little about them: http://www.transparentbra.com/

Of course that website is going to tell me how good these things are, but I wanted to see if anybody on the forum has had any first-hand experience.

Old 03-25-2006, 02:02 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Invisible Bra?

Yeah I have a clear bra on the front of my A4, I had it installed about 1.5 years ago. It was relatively expensive at $300. I can say that it works, there isn't any way to get rock chips anymore. There are some drawbacks I suppose, you can see it if you look hard enough and when you wax the car you have to take the time (i use a toothpick) to clean the wax from the edges or you will have little white lines along your car, also there is no way to take it off, if you do it is another $300. You could also get it snaged at the edge or if someone was mean enough they could pull it up. If that happens it can't really be fixed. It is much better than a regular bra, for one thing it doesn't look like a bra and dirt and water can't get up under it and the paint will fade at the same rate under the clear bra. I would recommend it if you want to spend that kind of money. I would recommend it on a car that you are going to keep for awhile and not just for a few years, if that is the case I would pass, it is certainly a long term protection thing.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:43 PM
3rd Gear

theyre definately selling them at the audi dealerships now...i think its kinda tacky looking, but it would definately save ur front bumper from a lot of annoying rock chips.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:10 PM
1st Gear

The salesman said that the price is $500 or somethin... I'm thinking it would be better to save that money for a new paintjob later.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 PM

If your looking to protect front bumpers and or lamps ect and not a complete bra, then check out our stuff. We do complete bras but not really necessary ...

I am going to contact the forum owner about group purchases ect..

If anyone is interested in clear protection send me a msg or reply here. I will give all forum members here a 10% discount.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

I just had one installed on my TT, after watching the sand and rocks screw up the front of my MINI over a couple of years. I don't understand the thinking that a clear bra could be tacky - after all, it's all but invisible, and far less tacky than a bunged up front end or a strap-on bra. As for saving the money for repainting, you had better check the prices for paint work these days....mine was significantly more than $300, but still far less than a shop will charge to repaint the front end and mirrors of your car....or replace a broken Xenon.

I agree on the thinking of not spending the money on a lease or short-term purchase, but if your Dad is going to keep it a while, it's money well spent in my opinion.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:14 AM
1st Gear

Glad someone brought this up....I was always concerned about the paint fading funny, even tho it is clear i'm sure it does block some of the UV's....also, I was concerned about taking it off and leaving the paint tacky or a little scarred.....on the other hand, I was thinking of getting it anyway because i'm going to be taking a cross country trip from California to Alabama spring next year, and plan on showing my baby LOTS of snow this year.....