Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

New Tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by audiboia6
i really really like the color of your a4, ive never seen it before and it looks good, but those tail lights, im not sure about, but its your car so if you like it thats all that matters..but if i were you id take some sealer around the whole edge of the tail lights, the aftermarkets are very likly to have cheap sealant and crack and you get condensation in the tail light, ,just a precaution for you, id know from expierence with my previouse cars. just buy some clear GOOP automotive sealer and jam it in where the peices meet and let it harden..
Thanks, honestly I wish it were gloss black..lol. The tails are actually made pretty sturdy. Not like a lot of Flea-Bay deals. The chrome pops off at the bottom too, just like on the OEM. I just haven't put the stock one's back on yet. The seal is good, came with the soft backing like the OEM and weight and durability looks pretty clost to OEM. I have had problems with some in the past like you mentioned but these seem pretty well made :knock on wood:

Old 01-07-2009, 04:03 AM
Banned

I would still do it as a piece of mind. They tend to look really good quality with all the same trimmings of the oem's but trust ne they use cheap sealants. I remember my led tail light having this issue and they both had cracked seals on both tails and I couldn't get the condensation to go away. This also happened to me when I bought after market "oem quality" tails for my alero, one of the lights lenses completly seperated from the housing