Go Back  AudiForums.com > Audi Tech > Exterior
painting lowers...need a few helps with paint color >

painting lowers...need a few helps with paint color

Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

painting lowers...need a few helps with paint color

Old 05-25-2013, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default painting lowers...need a few helps with paint color

Name:  2012-12-20110131_zpsd650fc90.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  28.9 KB

So i am trying to do a few things to my exterior. Removed my plate, did the little lower grille trim thing. Debating on yellow fogs with independent toggle.......but i googled pelican blue a4 and my color comes up. I googled santorin blue pearl a4 and my color comes up. Which is it? Pretty *** blue with flakes. Looks metallic like under flourescent lights. I jus dont know what it is.

Also, went to pep boys and lookd thru their paint catalog to get a few Audi dark blues i could compare and jus roll with......no audi,bmw, or mercedes in their catalogs. So im thnkn of jus using some sort of closly matched dark blue metallic and clear coating. After all it is the lowers of the car....how noticible can it be, really? Front n rear valence will get filler primered and sanded down. Painted and cleared. Side rockers and lower 1" of door will get primered, painted and cleared. Thanx fellas