General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

"no cd" error message 6 stacker concert system in A4

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Default "no cd" error message 6 stacker concert system in A4

I have a 2001 model (B5) 2.4L V6 Audi A4 with a Concert Sound System 6 stacker CD player.
For some unexplained reason(!?) when I went to change disks yesterday it decided it doesn't want to play them anymore. I tried all the disks (including the one that was previously playing) but not a peep.
I pulled the CD changer out and put it back in (as you do when you really don't know what the problem is but figure you want to try and fix it anyway!) and now it says "no cd" on the display.
Clutching at straws and thinking it might be an issue with not being able to read CD-R or CD-RW disks (even though these have played fine previously) I tried a store bought disk. Still no joy.
The Radio is still working fine so it's probably not a fuse or anything like that because I'm guessing they'd be both on the same circuit?? Or not?? (I'm going to check out the fuses tonight when I have some time after work).
When the CD stacker cassette is put back into the holder it doesn't seem to be loading the actual CDs. (not making any sounds like CDs loading anyhow!) Is it possible there is an electrical fault at the CD stacker (it's located in the boot).
On the off chance that it's just a little "confused" from me trying to playCD-R or CD-RW disksin it, does anyone have any ideas I can try for re-setting the system? Would disconnecting the battery re-set it? I've tried the manual that came withthe sound systembut it's about as helpful as the proverbials on a bull.
The "helpful" technicians at my local Audi dealership don't really know what the problem is either. I have tried googling but have not really found much useful info there. Surely someone else has experienced this kind of problem?

Thanks
Bella

Old 03-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: "no cd" error message 6 stacker concert system in A4

Hey Mick, I *have* heard of this prollem before, but not on *our* forum. Try doing a search for your "no cd" term on either AW (audiworld.com) or AZ (audizine.com). I know I've seen it (believe me when I say that), just not on AF... Post back and let us know what, if anything, you find out, OK?

Old 03-06-2007, 03:05 AM

Thanx AWD I wasn't aware of those *other* forums

Checked out AW and there was a heap of posts about thisor variations on a similar theme (mainly to do with phatbox connection issues)... but unfortunately no clear answers. I guess everyone has their own opinions on what works and what doesn't and itreallydepends on what is actually causing the problem as to how one should go about fixing it...but at least now I have a few things to try before I shell out money to my local dealership like a completesap.

Here are some of the more sensible suggestions I have found in case anyone else has/is experiencing this problem:
[ul][*]Check connection of cable into the back of the changer unit is in properly[*]Clean connection and make sure no moisture/corrosion on pins (add dielectric grease?)[*]Use a can of compressed air to blow out any dust[*]Run a CD head cleaner to make sure heads aren't dirty (if you can get it to load a CD). Might need to make several attempts at this.[*]Disconnect the battery to try resetting.[*]Insert the CD's into the magazine upside down (no idea HOW this would actually make any difference but it was suggested by several people and until I try it I'm not going to write it off!)[*]Unplug unit and carefully unscrew the bottom cover. Check no clumps of dust/grease etc in workings, Check no CD labels have come off inside etc.[*]If none of this works, replace the unit (try ebay for second hand ones), fit a new after market unitor give up on the CD player and use an iPod with FM tuner.[/ul]
If anyone else has actually experienced this problem and successfully diagnosed and fixed it, please let me know.

Cheers,
Bella

Old 03-06-2007, 03:38 AM

Hey Bella,
Trolling for same fault, still no answers. Will try the ideas you have sucked out of the ether!

Anyone got a can of petrol and a box of matches?

ciao Bella.
A.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:11 AM

Old 03-06-2007, 03:23 PM

http://carstereohelp.com/audi.htm . Looks like your going to be best off buying a used one is yours is done for.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:46 AM
Banned
Default then said

then said. "Oh cheap wow gold Lin Zhi Yang Ming Yun innocently wow gold followed down, apparently intellection buy wow gold the scandalize is also immersed wow gold in the earlier age. Yang wow power leveling Ming would equal to departure here .