General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2003 Audi RS6 documentation

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:41 PM
1st Gear
Default 2003 Audi RS6 documentation

Folk,

I'm trying to find some documentation on the RS6. Basically as much details as I can get my hands on. Like engine schematics etc. I want to be able to identify parts and read how I should maintain or replace them.

Having some bizarre behavior from it since I took it to Audi to get a head light serviced. They ended up somehow doing something to one of the hoses on the left inter cooler. The thing popped off once I got on the highway after leaving the dealership. After that I brought it in to have them hook it up again and since then the car has been unreliable.

Cold start: The engine will shudder pretty badly. RPM's will drop real low and car has a very high chance of stalling. Giving it a bit of gas doesn't always keep it alive. Once it warms up the car idles fine.

Once warmed up: driving around and coming to a complete stop - sometimes the car might idle right down and shut off. So slight shudder then dies. Really frustrating.

So since I can't rely on Audi I have to try something. But I want some schematics so I can at least know what I'm looking at. I want to go through all the Turbo hoses and see if there's something cracked or leaking. Maybe some carbon build up. They charged me a little over 1,000$ to diagnose this problem which is really frustrating since they didn't resolve anything. They put a new MAF sensor or whatever on it as well.

Anyway - sorry went off track quite a bit.

Need documentation - any help? Even A6 documentation might help if there's nothing on RS6.