General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Audi A8L Valve Cover Gaskets Leaking - What Kit and What Else to Do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 11:58 PM
1st Gear
Default 2004 Audi A8L Valve Cover Gaskets Leaking - What Kit and What Else to Do?

Hello,

Need some expert assistance here. my A8L is leaking from the driver side Valve Cover Gasket noticeably and not so much from the passenger side. I am going to have the Valve Cover Gaskets changed but need some expert advise from you guys.

1. Which is the best kit I should buy to avoid the "cheap" no good gaskets? What website and or link should I purchase?
2. Since the mechanic will be changing these Valve Cover Gaskets, what else besides spark plugs should I have him change at the same time so that I dont have to have someone else go back in for another few years hopefully? Are there any other gaskets within the same area that can and should be changed?

Please help!

Old 07-01-2014, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by AudiA8driver
Hello,

Need some expert assistance here. my A8L is leaking from the driver side Valve Cover Gasket noticeably and not so much from the passenger side. I am going to have the Valve Cover Gaskets changed but need some expert advise from you guys.

1. Which is the best kit I should buy to avoid the "cheap" no good gaskets? What website and or link should I purchase?
2. Since the mechanic will be changing these Valve Cover Gaskets, what else besides spark plugs should I have him change at the same time so that I dont have to have someone else go back in for another few years hopefully? Are there any other gaskets within the same area that can and should be changed?

Please help!

Can anyone provide any guidance on the above? Please?

Old 07-01-2014, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

You are pretty much on the right track. Spark plugs are all i would suggest you replace with the replacement of your valve cover gaskets.