General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Add bluetooth streaming and/or AUX to 3G AMI and KEEP iPod interface?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
1st Gear
Default Add bluetooth streaming and/or AUX to 3G AMI and KEEP iPod interface?

My current setup: 2011 A5 with 3G AMI with iPod interface cable. I keep an old iPod in the glove compartment at all times and this works well.

What I want: add ability to listen to streaming audio (Pandora, Spotify, NPR, etc), preferably with Bluetooth streaming, but would accept an stereo AUX-IN solution. However, in either case, want to KEEP the iPod in the glove and ability to control via AMI.

Problem
: All Audi-solutions (bluetooth streaming module, AUX-IN cable) as well as any "hacks" I've seen require you to give up the iPod interface cable in. I don't want to give it up and would prefer to have the flexibility of having an iPod in the glove for the majority of my music, but being able to throw on an iPhone when I want some streaming audio or a passenger wants to share their tunes.

Solution?: Anything (Audi-certified, aftermarket, DIY hacks) that would allow me to "split" the iPod interface cable so that I could use it with an iPod but also allow "toggling" to either a bluetooth stream or to to an stereo AUX-IN cable. I'm happy to put together some sort of Frankenstein setup to make this work - have looked into CableJive, but doesn't look like they play nice with Audis - but haven't found anything as of yet.

Possible? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!