General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi 3.0 low oil pressure light after spirited driving...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:59 AM
Question Audi 3.0 low oil pressure light after spirited driving...

The low oil pressure light does not come on during normal driving even when pressing hard on the accelerator to pass, (rpms above 4 k flat or moderate hill). However, when driving on a mountain highway (curvy and steep) I made use of the "standard" setting on the multi-tronic trans an was enjoying the spirited performance that was delivered. When I switched back to regular automatic the low oil pressure light came on and the warning sounded. I pulled off on a pull-out and before I could stop, it (the warning) went out.

I ran the system check and it indicated "OK". I pulled out and shortly it did it once more briefly and went out again. For the next 80 miles of normal driving it was quiet.

Once again on a twisty mountain road, I decided to see if it was a one time thing or if there was a real issue. Sure enough it happened again so I stopped tempting fate and drove it normally 250 miles home without further incident.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Does anyone know what causes this?

2003 A4 Cabrio with 40k. 3.0 normally aspirated.

Please help!