General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

audi a4 fsi2.0 epc light

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 11:19 PM
1st Gear
Default audi a4 fsi2.0 epc light

Need help as got a 7hr drive in a work or so for work been driving my audi can happen any time my epc light come on which then cuts my power on throttle like limp mode I de rev light gos out n car drives again it can happen 10 or so times in day n then might happen 1 a month seams to start when stuck on motorway traffic. Car gets me home but sumtimes I can drive at 50mph or 70mph normaly dont like going over 3000rpm n when im in idle the car judders here n there rev gos up n down but seams to tick over as normal if I put on heater...?... need help n dont need a garage trying to tell me its this then this n so on .thanks

Old 08-17-2015, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear

If the Check Engine Light is on, get the codes read from the ECU. It will help us figure it out. Plus (not trying to be an *** either) include a period or two in your posts so we know when one sentence starts and ends. It was hard to read.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:49 PM
1st Gear

Sorry for confusion trying to explain the engine management tight does not come on just ecp light which stays on when put foot down as soon as I take foot off pedal it gos off nand I get power back .and then I have to build it up slowly so light dont comes up .ive heard it could be the air mass sensor???????? ?.I thank u for reply ..I, d rather find out what I can off audi drivers.thanks for help

Old 08-17-2015, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear

If the EPC light comes on, it should trip a code on the ECU. It might not necessarily turn on the Check Engine Light. I'd get the codes read from the ECU regardless.

You can also disconnect the electrical connection from the MAF Sensor and see if the problem goes away. The Check Engine Light will come on then but it will probably run better because if the MAF is misreporting the air flow, the ECU will add or withhold fuel causing the engine to do strange things.

It is possible to clean the MAF Sensor if the thing happens to have a little debris in it. It only takes just a little trash in the things to cause it to misread the air flow. Use ONLY a MAF cleaning fluid. You can get it at Automotive Stores. Should be there with Carb Cleaner sprays and such.

Old 08-24-2015, 12:16 PM
1st Gear

I adjusted my right rear camber from positive and tried to come close as possible to zero but now my EPC light is on and my steering wheel is turned right when wheels are straight. Does anyone have any info on this or what to do? thanks.

2003 A6 3.0L