General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Are Audi A4/S4 Performance Parts expensive?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 12:29 AM
Default Are Audi A4/S4 Performance Parts expensive?

I know that the Audi has very expensive maintenance but do they also have very expensive performance parts too? I wanted to buy either a JDM car or an Audi. Are JDM performance parts cheaper then Audi's. I was looking at a variety of perf. parts for the S4 and there were VERY expensive. Most were in the thousands $$$. I want to modify my car to about 400HP without spending over $5k a year. But i definitely can't afford the ones for the S4. So my question is...are JDM performance parts cheaper than the ones for Audi's?

Old 05-30-2008, 02:51 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Are Audi A4/S4 Performance Parts expensive?

um .............. yes not alot more but more you can get to 400 hp for just about 5k if you buy most of it cheap. If you want a car that is cheap parts then go jdm. plus what do you mean by jdm, honda acura, lexus, subbies and infinitys are the real jdm. yes they are cheaper to make faster (well some of them)but you need more money to fix stuff that brakes. you really need to see how much you want to spend on a car, and then how much TOTAL you want to dump in the car. I would say audi cause not everyone will try to race you every where, as with the jdm. hope this helps at all if not i will try to answer more questions you have.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:50 AM

Who says that Audi's have high maintenance??? they are like any other car and require regular fluid changes, except for automatic transmissions, which are sealed and last more or less indefinitely. I've had 2 Audi's. The only maintenance I ever did was change brake pads and tires as needed. As far as performance parts go, go the the Total Audi Performance (T.A.P.) website. These parts are time tested and seem to perform the best and most reliably. An Audi engine is pretty much blue printed at the factory, anyway, and most improvements come from changing the operating computer chips, or changing exhaust system components or upgrading turbo chargers. I wouldn't put any "cheap" parts on any Audi. You would be compromising it's integrity.

Anyway, should you wish to purchase cheaper, authentic audi parts, check out www.autopartsway.ca.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:30 AM

you really need to see how much you want to spend on a car, and then how much TOTAL you want to dump in the car
whew! i better sort out my expenses from now on. hehe. thanks dude.

Anyway, should you wish to purchase cheaper, authentic audi parts, check out www.autopartsway.ca.
cool thanks for the link. I'll check that one later.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

Performance S4 parts are expensive, but there are places to get cheaper parts that or ok. Dont by cheap turbos of other boost related. Somthing like an exhaust you can get cheep from ssautochrome. Full Turbo back Exhaust for 450 shipped. That would cost 2,200 from APR. This is my second audi. The frist one was good to me. No major repairs, just alot of control arm suspensionStuff.198,000 original clutch.