General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi A4 Sline Convertable speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Default Audi A4 Sline Convertable speakers

Hi

please can someone help

I have a audi a4 sline convertable on a 2007 plate. i recently had the standard stereo replaced with a aftermarket pioneer head unit, now it doesnt sound as good as the standard stereo and also when you turn the volume above 15/16 on the volume it cuts out the front speakers. I took it back to the shop i had it install from and he says its because the stereo is too powerfull for the speakers, (the back speakers seem to be ok) he told me i should put aftermarket speakers in the front doors. i agreed to this.

he took the door panels off and found that he has never seen the sort of speakers thaqt where in my car , they are almost 19cms and he didnt have a pod adapter for my car. he rang his suppliers and they confirmed this. he could only advise me that he could modifiy and make something himself. i really dont want to do this and to be honest not even sure it is the speakers as why would the rear ones work fine. i am willing to try speakers as long as i could get the proper pod and some speakers to fit.

your advice would be greatly appreciated . thanks