General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

audi a5, new cd player, no sound

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:33 AM
1st Gear
Default audi a5, new cd player, no sound

Recently bought an audi a5 but cd player wasnt working, turned out previous owner had bruce springsteen cd stuck in it! dealer tried to fix but to no avail so agreed to replace with new unit, after new unit was installed there was no sound at all from radio, cd player nothing, they said leave ignition on for as long as possible and the computer should would do a few checks and sound should come back on, 3 days later still no sound, message comes up on screen "turn on ignition to de activate protection", which i reckon means car thinks cd player has been stolen so goes into this protection mode, but still no sound when ignition is on, can scroll through radio stations, can put in cd and it plays but no sound, checked mute, rang local audi dealer, they said needs to be coded and quoted over £100, anybody have this problem and know easy way to fix? thanks. colm

Old 12-28-2011, 04:25 AM
1st Gear

well 100 seems steep, but to me it sounds just like what they said and your thinking. The car has activated it anti theft radio code. All that should be required is that the dealership enter its code to unlock the radio. I was installing a radio the other day and was worried about this and called to asked them about it hypothetically and they said it would be a "minimal charge". let me know how it goes.