General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

AUDI MC ENGINE STARTING PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2003, 05:23 AM
Default AUDI MC ENGINE STARTING PROBLEMS

<P class=Msonormal>Hi</P>
<P class=Msonormal><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></P>
<P class=Msonormal>I hope someone can assist me with a problem that I have on a 1997 Audi turbo. It is fitted with a MC<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>2.2 10 valve engine. We recently overhauled the engine and ever since then the “Check Engine” light stays on. My biggest problem is that as soon as you drive the car and switch the engine off, it does not start for about two hours. During this time, if you crank the engine the low oil pressure light starts flashing, although the oil pressure gauge shows sufficient oil pressure. After two hours it starts without a problem.</P>
<P class=Msonormal><o></o></P>
<P class=Msonormal>We have just about tried everything and I hope you have come across a similar problem. I will really appreciate it if you can assist me with advice.</P>
<P class=Msonormal>Regards</P>
<P class=Msonormal>Willem van der Merwe</P>
<P class=Msonormal><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1lace>South Africa</st1lace></st1:country-region></P>
<P class=Msonormal>Tel. No. 27-11-4443887</P>
<P class=Msonormal>Email: color=#0000ffwvdm@global.co.za</P>
<P class=Msonormal><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN></P>

Old 02-07-2003, 08:40 AM
1st Gear
Default AUDI MC ENGINE STARTING PROBLEMS

i dont know what could be wrong with that but i might be able to help you out with starting it. i presume that it is a stickshift. in that case you can pop the clutch. get a couple people to push your car. put the keys in the ignition and turn them into the ignition position. then get the people to oush the car, put it in 1stor 2nd gear and drop the clutch. most of the that works when you cant start the car but i dont know with your problem. Also done keep going like that with the engine off and ignition long for a big distance because that might damage your catalytic converter.