General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Audi Q7 problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 07:59 AM
1st Gear
Default Audi Q7 problem

I have a problem with both the keys. Problem could be with the ignition itself. Sometime the ignition does not recognize the key at all. You turn the key to start position, nothing happens. All the dash light are off and engine wont start. I have to keep trying and it will finally triggers the lights and engine starts. Yesterday I stopped the car in a supermarket car park, Shift the gear to P, auto start/stop stopped the engine, since it was a hot day, l did not switch the car off as kids and Mrs were in the car and AC was on. Quickly popped in to the shop and came out with in couple of minutes, shift the gear to R, engine did not start, so I tried to use the Key to start the engine, nothing happened. I had to try several times to get it going. Now I am worried that car wont start at traffic light so I switch of start/stop. Anyone had this problem? Appreciate if someone can please shed some light as what might have happened. Thank you.